Home : Pisay 98 Links : Blog Archive : Contributors : Birthdays : Other Stuff

Pisay 98 Website
Pisay 98 Message Boards
502 Bad Gateway *
Across the Green Plains
ako? ako. ako. lagi na lang ako... *
Anime West
Bookish Bimbo
Brooding Pit
The Buckfutter Blog
cartwheels seven times around the oval
Contrast Medium
Locoflip's Xanga Site
The Ergonomic Quotient
Fire Light Song
For the Mail!
Garden Fresh
Gaming Nookie
getting by...
I'm ur pAL!!!
the jembunao experience
Just The Type 2 Have 1
karloCastertroy *
the keep
life of a kkmonster
life, the universe, and everything
Lock and Load
Memories From Dinner Last Night
Mic Olivares' Blog *
Morning Has Broken
The Mighty Dacs
Paradiddles *
Princess Toni's Enchanted Forest *
Pro Gamer to Programmer
Purple World
Riverwind *
Random Thoughts
The Raven and the Stormcrow
Sakura Mind Speaks
Si Yayan, Si Michel at ang Diwata
Sixteenth Floor
So Lovely
Think, Pats! Think!!
Verbal Diarrhea
The Wandering Geek
Whatever You
ultraelectromagneticblog
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Me

* Recently added
Previous Posts
» Luz
» Pop Fiction
» You are experiencing a car accident
» How to blog
» all that you love will be carried away.
» Hari ng Kagubatan
» It's hard naming a post...
» the things we do (and do not regret until its too ...
» Draw your own conclusions
» buy this dream

Monthly Archive
» June 2004
» July 2004
» August 2004
» September 2004
» October 2004
» November 2004
» December 2004
» January 2005
» February 2005
» March 2005
» April 2005
» May 2005
» June 2005
» August 2005
» September 2005
» October 2005
» December 2005
» January 2006
» March 2006
» August 2006
» October 2006
» December 2006
» July 2007
» August 2007
» October 2007
» November 2007
» April 2008
» May 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» April 2009

If you'd like to join the blog or if you have an important announcement you want to have posted here at the top, email Mark or Jae.

Powered by Blogger

Photos by Flickr

Thursday, August 05, 2004
Bonus

Just a couple of pictures of me and my little sister. I know I've written about her a bunch of times before, but what are you gonna do? Anyway, just last week, she made it to the honors program at her school, with straight A+ grades. I'm especially proud of it because, well, as a way to help out my folks, I've been paying for her tuition fees.

(And it's quite a tuition fee, too. Let's put it this way, I studied on a scholarship throughout high school and college, and for most of that period I even received stipends. I actually spent more for her tuition fees in a single year than what my family spent for all of my high school and college years.)

Of course, it's already become a joke for me and my friends, when we talk about life, love, and settling down (because, as young as we are, we're pretty aware that it's around the corner, seeing that a couple of our friends have gotten married just this past year.) The conversation goes like this:

Me: "Gusto ko nang mag-asawa pare, pero hindi pa puwede eh. Nagpapa-aral pa ako ng kapatid eh."

Friend: "Ah, ok yan pare ah. Ilang taon na ba siya?"

Me: "Grade 2 pa lang. Tapos balak pa raw niyang mag-doctor."

Of course, poor Icay isn't spared from all the joking. She's the youngest child, and before her comes three brothers, so you could imagine how much punishment she takes from the rest of us. For example, when I bring home pasalubong, my brothers and I would joke about not paying Icay's tuition anymore. You know, so I could bring home pasalubong for them every day. And Icay, who acts every bit like a 16-year-old colegiala already, would just turn her noses at us and pretend she doesn't hear what her idiot brothers are saying.

Then again, she wouldn't be spared from the jokes even if I weren't paying for her tuition. After all, we're brothers, and isn't that really what brothers are for? We always joke about how she has two different personalities; she is this mataray little prima donna at home because she gets away with everything being the youngest one, while at school, she is (apparently) a quiet, well-behaved, and well-liked little girl.

My brother Joseph, who is the only one among us who has a bit of an artistic bent, even created this hilarious drawing on Notepad Paint illustrating this phenomenon:

I liked the drawing so much, it's now the default wallpaper on my home desktop.

I suck at drawing, so I just needle Icay the best way I know how: by being an ass. I usually call her silly names, because she hates being called silly names. Kikay, Baby Iks, Kiki, Kuku, Cookie, Kiks, Jaica-icay, and my personal favorite, Sandara Pork, which drives her crazy because she secretly likes Sandara but would never admit to it. Of course, all of my silliness is just a ruse so that she'd give a big kiss and a bigger hug. You know, to make her idiot big brother shut up.

Which, I guess, makes it all good. Every centavo I spent for her education, well, is worth it, if only for all those hugs and kisses I get when I come home from work, and the bonus ones I get when I needle her. The straight A+ grades are just a nice bonus, I guess. Idiot big brothers should only be so lucky.



Comments:

Hmmmm... so your a parent sib too. I can totally relate except that i dont have enough money too finance my baby monster's education. His name is Sisi (Say-say) and everyone in LB knows that i adore him. might post a picture of him and me. He's just 4 years old so its very easy to needle him and to get him to give me extra hugs and kisses.
 

nice drawing. funny! sobra!
 

i don't believe your brother Joseph made that drawing on Notepad. IT'S NOTEPAD, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

ang cute ni Jaica. unlike her idiot big brother.
pag nagkaanak ako sana ganyan ka-cute.
 

 

Post a Comment

<< Home